Sunday, May 8, 2011

Salsa Cheese Boule Dip

This blog is going to be a place where I can post recipes I have tried or am thinking about trying (not all will involve cheese though) because now that I have graduated I have time to cook!  So my first recipe is “Salsa Cheese Boule Dip” courtesy of AllRecipes.com.  I have not tried this recipe but it has very good reviews so I think I will try it next week.  Oh, and since the title of my blog is “Say it With Cheese” I think I should tell you what this recipe says.  This recipe says “I’m having a party and none of my friends are dieting.”

Salsa Cheese Boule Dip:

Ingredients
  • 1 (1 pound) loaf round, crusty Italian bread
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sour cream
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Cut a circle out of the top of the bread and scoop out the inside. Tear the inside into pieces for dipping.
  3. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine salsa, Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream. Spoon the mixture into the bread bowl, place the top back on the bread. Wrap the bread in aluminum foil.
  4. Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Serve warm with the reserved bread pieces.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm! This sounds good! It reminds me of something super easy a friend of mine does. Chips and cream cheese salsa. Hers is very simple. Block of cream cheese, pour salsa on top. Dip your chips through the salsa to get some cream cheese on your chip as well as salsa. It's good stuff!

    ReplyDelete